Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Absolutely Orange!

Like everyone else in the design blogging world right now, I have been pouring over Rue Magazine's latest edition.  This picture in particular got my attention and got me thinking about how much I love orange in so many settings...I can't get enough of it.

{Rue Magazine}
I love how the unexpected orange chairs play off of all the
natural elements in this bright, airy kitchen.



Turquoise and Orange always look so fresh.  
What a pretty combo for a casual table in Spring. 

{Kate Spade}
 Love, love, love this artwork set against the dark dining room furniture! 
Notice the sketches to the side too - they harmonize really well.

Very cool use for chevron.  I don't know if I would want to commit to that since I like to change out dishes and linens, but I think it looks great. 

Here it looks so crisp against all of that black and white. 
It feels very elite to me (in a good way), without trying too hard, but could be
reproduced rather inexpensively...


{overstock.com}
This pillow reminds me of a beautiful couture dress. 
I don't know if it looks as good in person, but I still have my eye on it!



{ebay}

Vintage Botanicals look more modern in orange, at least to me... 

Such a nice place to have a glass of iced tea!

{ebay}
The exotic feel of this immediately makes me think of Bali and putting together a room with a bit of a tropical feel:  dark substantial wood furniture, crisp white linens, a couple of carved wooden sculptures and (definitely!) a ceiling fan.

{Pottery Barn}
 I love this combo of oranges, natural woods and the lanterns. 
It has a hint of Belgian design, doesn't it?  Maybe that's why I like it so much!


I love this look too!  Rustic yet elegant. 
All of the citrus mixed in gives it a fresh, warm, natural look. 
I think I might try something like this for my Thanksgiving table this year...


{ACME}
Look how cute this is combined with linen - for an adult birthday perhaps?

{Martha Stewart}
And finally, just some beautiful flowers. 
These grow pretty much everywhere in San Francisco, so
they always remind me of my time living there.

3 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Really pretty post, though I have never used orange in my own home, think its so pretty and warm really adds a lot of life and personality to any room. Well done!
I am newer to blogging, started a blog about the building of our dream home and my passion for decor and design. Would love you to stop by...
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Thanks and have a lovely day, glad I found you!

Maria said...

die Küche (Foto 1) ist einfach toll! liebe Grüße

http://design-elements-blog.com/

Stacy CUrran said...

Ooooh, I love the orange from the PB catalog. I don't remember seeing those! Image overload I guess! These are beautiful
Stacy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...