Thursday, February 10, 2011

Worldly Design

It's no secret that I love design inspired by travel and cultures around the world, mainly because it can help you remember places you have been...or dream about visiting.  It's also a fantastic opportunity to make a room truly unique. 
Here are a few of my favorite images that do this well!

{Hotel Novecento, Venice}
My husband and I were going to stay here for our seventh wedding anniversary last Summer, but then needed to change our plans - we'll visit another time! 
Ah, and I love those windows.

{Martin Lawrence-Bullard}
How exotic does this room feel??!!!

{Wisteria}

I can imagine using that bamboo chair in so many rooms.  It's a very versatile piece.


I love the feel of the whole room...very upscale, yet relaxed.
 
Wisteria
 Awesome pillows and the side table is also very cool. 
I have a similar side table that I purchased from VivaTerra here.

{West Elm}
 Love the rug!

Nice framing of the textile and of course the statues are great!

West Elm has something similar to these - so versatile!  They are beautiful on their own but could also hold towels in a bath, umbrellas by the front door,
toys in a playroom, etc....


I love using easy, everyday fillers for hurricane candles like they did with the coffee beans here.  Rock salt and loose tea have been some of my favorites lately.  Beautiful baskets too - and how fun are the chillies?!  Not so good with kids around though.  :) 

This entry feels sultry and inviting to me.  Amazing mirror!


{The Loaded Trunk}
I am dying to get to Bali...so I love this wall hanging.  It would also make a great throw at the end of a bed or in a dining room as a table runner.

If you liked these, you may enjoy my other posts about
ethnic design here and here and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those bamboo chairs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...