Friday, April 20, 2012

Ocean Inspirations

Summer is coming soon and ocean waves are calling my name...here are a few sea-inspired thoughts/products/ideas from me today:

Lamps from Pottery Barn, Coral Throw from Overstock, Crete Lagoon fabric
from Calico Corners, Glass Bottles from Wisteria. 


{Coastal Living}

{Max and Co. via Enchanted Home Blog}

{J. Covington Home}

{Sears - can you believe it?}


{Vietri}
There is a little town in northern Italy known for its ceramica factories. My favorite pieces come from Vietri, including two of these seashell candlesticks shown above. I think the whole set would be a bit too much for me but when the accents are paired with my simple white dishes it looks great.

{Natural History}
This is a more abstract take on coral which I love.  Take a look here for another post I did exclusively about how crazy I am about coral.


A few years ago we spent ten days in Mallorca - an island off the coast of Spain.  We had this beach almost completely to ourselves.  It was SO beautiful!!! 

What do you love most about the beach?

13 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

Your board is beautiful Barbara I love the mix. The ocean is wonderful and I love its strength. Your beach in Spain looks so peaceful.

XX
Debra~

The enchanted home said...

Love it all...your mood board is fabulous! I love using the ocean as a theme, it is so beautiful and reminds me of that beach house I hope to have someday:)

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
Coastal Living is getting better by the day. I am in love with their images. Everything here is so beautiful.
Happy Friday!
Teresa
xoxo

I Dream Of said...

I love the sounds of the waves and the smell of the sea... and long beach combing walks hunting for glass and shells! Your pretty posts has taken me to the beach this morning! Thank you.
Have a lovey weekend - hope this rain will stop! XO

Thoughts on Design said...

I was thinking about the ocean on my morning walk today. Lilacs are just beginning to bloom. That means the stripped bass are back...

Gorgeous story board! it illustrates that with careful shopping, good design is available and accessible to so many people today.

The world is a better place for it.

Cheers,
John

mary said...

Hi Barbara, How have you used your love of coral in the new home? These images are great. Have a super week-end. Mary

Taylor Greenwalt said...

i love coral also. We use it in almost every design we do. Love your mood board.

Unknown said...

Love your story board. Such beautiful colors and lovely feel in the post. I'm ready for a beach holiday!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I'm so ready for the sun and water and sand beneath my feet? what is it about those three things...plus a margarita that puts such a smile on my face? XO, Mona

Haus and Home said...

Beautiful! You know I love coastal decor and accessories!

Ivy Clad said...

I love the ocean! The sun, the smell, the feel of the sand. Your mood board is awesome; I love it!

Thanks for your comment on my ivy post. I hope you plant some ivy and enjoy it!

Keri

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

I adore ocean inspired decor so I love alll of these pictures!

xo
kat

www.withlovefromkat.com

The Vintique Object said...

Man, Barbara, that beach looks like pure heaven. I love that Calico Corner's fabric you found. I'm going to check that out now. Why don't I ever visit Calico Corners? They need to change their name, I think!
Camille

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...